On Wednesday this week our computer system went down at work. Everyone was a little p****d off and bored to say the least so I thought I'd inject a little fun into the day to pass the time.
I created (all by myself, aren't I clever) a 25 question quiz based on popular movies and TV that I know and love. 1 point is allocated to each correct answer equaling 25 points total by the end (not including the extra rounds mentioned below of course). Minor spelling errors are tolerated but cheating (internet usage etc) is not. This quiz was designed to test everyone's natural knowledge and memory which covers the 80's up until now.
The highest score was 17/25 and as two guys drew they asked me to create 3 extra tie-break rounds of 5 questions each based on subject headings of their joint choice. After completing those 3 rounds it was still a draw and a 4th tie-break round (Star Wars) was then created. There was a winner in the end and everyone seemed to enjoy taking part (I enjoyed making it up too!). Try it for yourself and see how good you are! I have placed key words in each question in bold as they were things people were asking about or not reading properly when answering.
General Entertainment Quiz
1) In Dirty Dancing what is Baby’s real first name? Character not actress.
2) In Red Dwarf who is Dave Lister’s biological father?
3) Name the actor that connects these two programmes: Batman: 1960’s Series & Family Guy
4) In Pulp Fiction what is the full name of John Travolta’s character?
5) Name the song played during the pottery scene in Ghost
6) Hayden Panettiere from Heroes voiced which character in Pixar’s A Bugs Life?
7) What is Tom Cruise’s call-sign in Top Gun?
8) What film had an abbreviated title of “ID4”?
9) Name the main robot from I Robot
10) Marion Ravenwood, Willie Scott and Elsa Schneider are female characters from which movie trilogy?
11) Einstein is the name of the dog in which movie/s?
12) In the animated Disney movie The Little Mermaid, what was the crab’s name?
13) Name all four Wallace and Gromit movies
14) In Die Hard With A Vengeance what is Samuel L Jackson’s characters first name?
15) Complete the nickname for this A-Team character “Howling Mad…”
16) K.A.R.R is the evil version of what famous 80’s series car?
17) “The Truth Is Out There” is the tagline for which movie (and series)?
18) What is the name of Dr.Who’s home planet?
19) What is the name of the dog-like demon that appears in Dana Barretts fridge in Ghostbusters?
20) What is the name of the android from Aliens?
21) What film quadrilogy has the characters Riggs and Murtaugh?22) Complete the names of the following newspapers that the following characters work for:
Superman – The Daily…..
Spider-Man – The Daily…..
23) There are 4 main kids in Goonies. What name is missing from this list? Mouth, Data, Chunk...
24) How does Donnie Darko die?25) Name 10 films Arnold Schwarzenegger has appeared in… (yes you can have sequels but this question still only gives you one point)
Tie Break Round 1 - Sci-fi Movies
1) Name Casper Van Dien’s character (full name) in Starship Troopers
2) In Star Wars Princess Leia’s surname is not Skywalker… What is it?
3) In which comedy sci-fi movie is there a character named “Barf”?
4) In 1984 James Cameron made one of the most popular and influential sci-fi movies of all time starring one of Hollywood’s biggest stars of all time. What was the film?
5) What planet other than Earth was the main setting for Total Recall?
Tie Break Round 2 - Sci-fi TV
1) In what programme does a large device called a “Chapa-eye” appear?
2) In Star Trek: The Next Generation what colour uniform refers to the next rank down from the Command Level which is red? (Hint: Data and Worf originally wore that colour)
3) What 1994 Sci-fi programme written by J. Michael Straczynski was based on a space station?
4) What 1999 sci-fi series featured humans and "Jim Henson Muppets” as its main cast?
5) Name the programme this picture below is from:
Tie Break Round 3 - 80's TV/ Cartoons
1) What was the name of Mumm-ra’s reptilian minion in Thundercats?
2) Slag, Snarl, Sludge and Swoop are 4 out of 5 of which character team from a famous 80’s cartoon series? The group/ team name is what I’m looking for not the programme.
3) Hank, Eric, Diana, Presto, Sheila & Bobby are from which 80’s cartoon series?
4) He-Man’s real name is Prince Adam. What was She-Ra’s?
5) Bravestarr had a partner who was a cybernetic horse who could stand on his two hind legs and fire a shotgun.What was his name? Was it 20/20, 30/30, or 50/50?
Tie Break Round 3 - Final Round Star Wars
1) What is the surname of Luke’s Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen in Star Wars?
2) What is the full name of the rebel X-wing pilot character (not Luke) who is seen in all three original trilogy movies?
3) What is Luke’s X-wing call-sign during the final assault on the Death Star in Star Wars: Ep IV A New Hope?
4) George Lucas originally gave Luke one of the following surnames before settling on Skywalker: Which one was it?
5) Name both the Ewok spin-off movies released in 1984 & 1985.